WIC is a nutrition program that helps pregnant women, new mothers, and young children eat well, learn about nutrition and stay healthy. WIC is the “Federal Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children.”
- Health screening.
- Nutrition and health education.
- Breastfeeding promotion and support, including personal Peer Counselors
- Help getting other services.
- Checks for nutritious foods
- Farmer’s Market vouchers
- Children’s Cooking Classes
- All services at no charge to the participant. Income guidelines apply.
Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9-5, closed 12-1 for lunch.
Phone: 509-932-5373. WIC team: Janie, Maria, and Cindy
The Breastfeeding Peer Counselors Program provides mother-to-mother support for breastfeeding. Our Peer Counselors have the experience and training to make breastfeeding successful and enjoyable. Breastfeeding Counselors: Elva and Karen
Pregnancy and postpartum guidance
The Parent Support Services Program offers pregnancy and postpartum guidance for moms and dads through the nurturing of a registered nurse. Instruction on pregnancy topics, labor and delivery, infant care, breastfeeding included. Ginny Hedman, RN